For more than 165 years, Siemens has built a reputation for leading-edge innovation and the quality of its products, services and solutions. In order to achieve this, Siemens partners with a broad variety of suppliers, including small and diverse businesses.
SGT is committed to developing mutually beneficial partnerships with small business. Through SGT’s Mentor–Protégé Program with the Department of Defense (DOD), Siemens provides developmental assistance to its protégé partners:
- Financial guidance and support
- Business development resources
- Quality assurance training and development
- Access to Siemens equipment SMEs
- Non-competed subcontracts (when appropriate)
- Other appropriate developmental activities requested by our protégés.
Our current small business partner: MCB
MCB is an experienced mechanical, electric and plumbing contractor founded in 1999 while the CEO, Mr. Charles Baker, was on active duty in the U.S. Air Force (USAF). Mr. Baker’s company has grown to over 50 employees with over 100 projects completed. It brings its award-winning energy conservation and performance expertise to the Federal Government. Its proven track record includes a perfect safety record and excellent customer service.
MCB also brings to SGT
- Knowledge and experience utilizing Siemens equipment
- Established connections and relationships with customers and procurement officials with good sales avenue and business development opportunities
- Flexibility and the ability to work anywhere in the United States to support Siemens contracts
Siemens-MCB Record of Collaboration
- Siemens brings in MCB on every task order that includes products or services in which it specializes
- Through our partnership on the CCADESPC:
- MCB, as the sole lighting contractor on the project, provided turnkey lighting improvement services, to include the energy audit, analysis, and the upgrade & installation of new lighting fixtures and controls.
- MCB conducted an energy audit, analyzing 34 buildings and identifying $5.3M lighting capital investments using LED technology, with an estimated $1M per year lighting energy savings for the government.
- Siemens helped MCB acquire a $99.5M IDIQ HVAC Small Business set-aside Contract in NAVFAC Southwest, on which Siemens was named as a key subcontractor.
- MCB got Siemens Circuit Breakers spec’d by SWPA by significantly reducing Source-to-sales lead time and streamlining the Siemens manufacturing process.