Supply Chain Management: Overview
For more than 165 years, Siemens has built a reputation for leading-edge innovation and the quality of its products, services and solutions. In order to achieve this, Siemens partners with a broad variety of suppliers, including small and diverse businesses.
Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) Supply Chain Management Organization is dedicated to building, leveraging and enhancing our supplier relationships. SGT customers and contract vehicles maintain extremely high expectations and requirements. Our record of meeting our customers’ needs depends on the businesses and suppliers with whom we partner.
SGT strives to achieve the highest service quality and to improve flexibility and responsiveness to customer and U.S. Government demands, while realizing synergies across Siemens global divisions. SGT maintains a FAR & CPSR compliant Supply Chain Procurement process.
SGT works with many other divisions of Siemens to meet the demands of our Federal customers.
Below are general categories of the items and services that SGT procures. While not exhaustive, this list represents our most significant categories of procurements.
SGT’s Commonly Contracted Commodities List
- Automation – Data Acquisition Systems, Data logging, Supervisory Controls, Utility Monitoring Control Systems
- Construction – Abatement, Building Envelope, Demolition, Engineering, General Contractors, Surveys
- Electrical - Contracting, Low/Med/High Voltage, Advanced Metering, Smartgrid, Maintenance
- Green/Renewable Energy - Biomass, CHP, Cogeneration, Geothermal, Commissioning, LED & Efficient Lighting Technology, Measurement & Verification, Turbines, Solar, Waste to Energy, Wind
- Mechanical – Boiler, Chillers, Commissioning, HVAC, Steam
- Safety – Electronic Security Systems, Fire Alarm Systems
- Water – Conservation/Efficiency, Irrigation, Plumbing, Sewer Treatment
How to do Business with Siemens Government Technologies
We are always looking for the best suppliers on our projects. If you would like more information on products and services SGT procures, or would like to become a supplier, please contact us.
Code of Conduct
Siemens places extreme importance upon ethics. It has implemented a Supplier Code of Conduct we require from our suppliers. SGT’s Code of Conduct explains the requirements and responsibilities of Siemens suppliers towards the environment and stakeholders. Please read the Code of Conduct.
Supplier Diversity & Small Business Utilization
U.S. small businesses hold more patents than those held by universities and corporations combined. They are responsible for over two-thirds of all private sector jobs. SGT is diligent in its efforts to meet all Small Business goals prescribed within U.S. Government Federal Contracts. The use of a diverse and capable supplier base is a large reason for our exceptional performance and diverse portfolio. We are always seeking potential small businesses in our supply base. We consider this to be a key component of our supply chain strategy.
We recently completed a Mentor Protégé relationship with MCB Lighting & Electrical. Please read more about our experience and successes of our Mentor–Protégé relationship.